6.10.2011

Praise For Switched At Birth

Remember this post from back in February? Well this past Monday was Katie's big premier night for Switched at Birth. Of coarse if you keep up with me on Facebook then you already knew that. I was hoping to get this post up on Tuesday but that just wasn't in the cards for me. Anyway you probably already know that I have nothing but praise for the premier of Switched at Birth and I am overly proud of the performance by Katie! I guess the best compliment I can give was that within the first 10 or 15 minutes of the show I stopped watching because it was Katie and started watching because I really liked the show. I stopped seeing Katie up there on my T.V. set and I only saw Daphne. She really exceeded my expectations. I knew she was a good actress but it goes to show that with a good script, directing, cast, set and everything else that goes into a production like this a good actress can become a star. I am so excited to see what the rest of the season has in store for us.

Enough of my praise. What you should really know are the cold hard facts. Switched at Birth was the highest rated premier of all time for ABC Family pulling in 3.3 million viewers for the premier and 4.9 million viewers combined with the encore presentation immediately following the premier. It was the number one most watched cable T.V. show in it's time slot and number two for all Monday night. AMAZING!!! It has received rave reviews across the board. One review on examiner.com has this to say about Katie...


"Leclerc is the girl-next-door, the next Rachel McAdams, and from minute one you want to know more about her. She literally radiates on screen, and you can't help but get sucked up into her own brand of optimism; she is going to have a bright future; Switched at Birth is only the start!"


Like I said before... AMAZING!!! I know I'm a biased opinion, but these are professional critics that get paid for their opinions. There is no arguing with that. So if you didn't watch the premier you can find it on the Switched at Birth website and please tune in next Monday night at 9/8pm central. Check your local listings.

One more thing before I go. I've been asked by several people if Katie is deaf in real life. Her character Daphne on the show is deaf but in real life Katie is not. She is hard of hearing due to a condition called Meniere's Disease. She has been signing for as long as I have known her. Also my other sister-in-law Jody (Denny & Katie's older sister) teaches ASL in Salt Lake City and is actively involved in the deaf community there. She helped prepare Katie for this role and I think her instruction was invaluable to how the character was portrayed.

No comments: