6.02.2009

Extend the Life of Mascara

A little while back I treated myself to a pricey mascara. I love it! It makes my lashes look ten times thicker, longer, and darker. However I found that it has dried out quicker than I would expect for the money I paid for it. Maybe it has something to do with me accidentally leaving it in the car on very hot San Antonio afternoons. Needless to say I was pretty bummed. I don't splurge very often. So I looked up tricks to extend the life of your mascara. Here is the greatest trick I found. It actually works really well. So if your mascara is running low or drying out DON'T throw it away! Try this first!Fill a mug about half way with water. Microwave on high for about a minute and a half. Make sure your tube of mascara is closed tightly and place in mug. Just make sure that the top is not in the water. Leave in for about one to two minutes. Then open and apply. You may have to repeat the process for both eyes. Don't pump your mascara as it dries it out faster. Make-up artists recommend changing your mascara every 3 months. So maybe this will extend it an extra month.

No comments: