11.02.2011

Pinterest Challenge: No Sew Dress Up Wings

As you may or may not know the Fall Edition of the Pinterest Challenge is going on. I know I already did a post about the kids Halloween Costumes yesterday but as I got the idea for the wings from Pinterest I thought I would do this separate post as part of the challenge. So here is the inspiration photo...
And here is what I came up with...
These wings were fairly simple to make. Just a little time consuming that's all. You could easily use them as dress up clothes instead of a Halloween costume as well. It might make a great Christmas present for a special little person in your life. I pretty much followed the directions on Burda Style. Except I cut out individual felt feathers and used a glue gun to attach them to the wing. That way I had more control as to how they where shaped. I also glued on grosgrain ribbon for the ties because that is what I had on hand. I wanted to simplify the project as much as I could. The whole project took about 3 hours on and off and cost less than $5. Miss. S loves these wings so I'm sure we will get much more use out of them than just this Halloween.

If you want to see what others are doing for the Pinterest Challenge you can look here. Also The four ladies who started it all are Sherry, Katie, Ana and Erin. Sherry has me wanting to start on some Christmas crafts right now.


No comments: