2.05.2010

I Heart You

I've been seeing really cute Valentine's Garland around the blog universe lately. Then when my sister Aubrey made the most adorable felt heart garland it got me thinking I needed some garland of my own. However I didn't want to spend any money and I didn't have any cute colored felt on hand. I did have some gold paper heart doilies. So I got to work. I just fead it through my sewing machine and poof. Five minutes later. Gold heart garland. I used fourteen hearts end to end for the Fourteenth day of February. Sure the felt hearts are way cuter and far more durable, but for free it's not so bad. I'll make some felt hearts next year. Paper doilies always remind me of my Mom. She was really creative with me as a kid. She used to get packs of these in white and then put me to work coloring them. It would keep me busy for a good long time. I totally remember taking my time filling in all the little flowers and details on the white paper. Trying so hard not to slip onto what ever was underneath. It was a fun art project. One that I'm excited to do with Miss. S when she is a little older.

1 comment:

Aubrey Jane said...

Love, love, love it!