10.05.2011

It Happens Every Year

It seems to happen every year around this time. My friends back in Utah or Colorado or Virginia start posting pictures on their blogs or facebook of them in nice cozy sweaters with beautiful fall leaves in the back ground. It's when I start seeing these images that I start getting really really home sick. I love fall. I crave fall. Crisp cool breezes. The yellows, oranges and reds. The clothes. Oh how I long to layer again. I've lived in hot places for the last six and a half years. Places where fall is a little different. Don't get me wrong I have learned to love San Antonio's version of fall. It starts cooling off a little (is 90 degrees cool? Well to me it is.) we get a few trees that change colors and some years the butterflies arrive. It really is pretty nice. But it's nothing like Utah where the mountain side looks like it's on fire with red. Nothing like colorado with it's shimmering yellow aspens. So for those of you enjoying this changing of the season know that I am just a tiny bit envious. Enjoy an extra fall stroll through the leaves just for me! You are so lucky!

Surprisingly enough the above picture was taken last year here in Texas. If you live here in San Antonio and miss fall like me then take a drive out to The Lost Maples State park. It's beautiful and well worth the time getting out there!

No comments: