8.09.2011

My Spin On A Pin

So a couple weekends ago Sherry from Young House Love and a few other bloggers did a Pinterest Challenge. Where they all worked over the weekend to put there own spin on something that they had pinned. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to do the same challenge. Except I was busy busy busy that weekend and did not have the time. So today I sat down and did it. This is what I had pinned...
Image Found Via KFD Designs

I've come across a couple tutorials on-line for Faux Zinc Letters. Like these from Anthropologie. I have always loved those letters but for $98 a pop it's just not a realistic purchase. I never even would have thought to do a faux version with paint. So when I saw the tutorial for it I got a little giddy. Out of all the tutorials that I found I thought the one over on KFD Designs was the best. So I went with that. We have a wedding gift to give so I grabbed a large cardboard C from Joann's on sale for $2.99 (C for the married couple's last name). And here is how it turned out...                                                         
                   
I love it. It turned out just as I hoped it would. Of coarse the one in the pin is better but I still love this one. Now I want to make a few more to live at my house. Possibly in the kitchen? We'll see. The entire project cost around $6 (don't worry we gave them something else also). $6 is much more reasonable than $98. Did I mention I love it?

No comments: