6.14.2011

If You Like It Then You Should've Put A Bird On It

I'd like to introduce you to the "Put A Bird On It" simple skirt. I decided I wasn't the only person in need of a new skirt. Miss. S definitely needed a new skirt (or two or three). When I saw this fabric on sale at Joann's I knew just what to do with it. I followed Dana's tutorial for a simple skirt. And that it was. Very simple. She timed herself making one and it only took her like 15 min. It took me about an hour. This marks several firsts for me. My first sewing project since the baby was born, my first skirt for S, and my first project (sewing or other) ever with a bird on it. It's kinda a right of passage among crafters right? The whole bird thing. Enough so that it inspired this super funny Portlandia video.
 
Makes me laugh every time. I got enough fabric to make 2 more skirts (different patterns of coarse). So I hope those will be done over the next couple days. It's hot out there! This girl needs more skirts!
                                          

2 comments:

Marie said...

Oh! i love that! I have been wanting to try that tutorial but have never made clothes before.... do you have a surger???

Bailey said...

I don't have one. I wish. But it's just as easy to make this skirt without one. She does a good Job on most of her tutorials of showing what to do if you don't have a serger. You should definitely try this one. It's so easy!