6.09.2011

A Little Tip

Did I mention I received the skirt? It made it's first appearance at church this past week. It is pretty much exactly what I was looking for (I wish it was just a tad longer but it really doesn't bother me all that much). Don't you love it when you have a vision of what you want in your mind and you actually find it? I struggle with that sometimes.
I know it may seem a little silly that I actually photographed myself wearing my new ensemble, but let me tell you why. Denny always pokes a little fun at me when we do this because I'm always so awkward in front of the camera, but there really is a purpose. I learned this from working at a modeling agency (and from watching The Hills). You can learn a lot about how you look from taking a picture of yourself in what you wear. I should really do this more often actually. For example what I learned from this photo is that I wish I had a better necklace or even a scarf to wear with this. I think the belt was a great idea because it is hiding all my baby bulge around my midsection. I actually look like I have a waist. I also realized that I shouldn't be wearing ankle strap shoes of any kind until I get back in shape and have some sort of a tan. They make me look like I have cankles when I promise they aren't that bad. If you actually see yourself in a photo you can see the good points of an outfit and the bad. Then you can make small changes that will make you look even better. Do I think I look awful in this? NO, but if I changed a couple things I could look even better. Anyone who works in the fashion industry uses this trick. I promise you. I just thought I would pass it along.

***Update*** I just realized that I may come across as insecure or picking on myself in this post. That's not it at all. I'm actually very comfortable with the way I look especially since I just had a baby two months ago. The point I was trying to make is that you catch certain things in a photo that you wouldn't other wise notice. It helps you see what shapes and styles look best on your body type. We are all shaped differently. What looks great on one person may not look the same on you. It also can teach you how to accessorize a lot better. It's just a good tool to use to help you look your best and be comfortable in your own skin.

2 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is totally awesome, I saw the previews but didn't watch it, I definitely will now. how cool.

p.s. how do you look so good after having a baby?

Bailey said...

That is so nice of you! All I can say is I'm quite the illusionist. I have to give all the credit to nursing/pumping. I read your post saying you're going to try nursing with this baby so I bet you will see the same results! Some thing for you to look forward to.