9.01.2011

September Salad: Day 1


Last week I had some medical testing done. Everything is fine and all the results came back good but it got me thinking about my overall health and well being. The past couple years I haven't been the healthiest of girls. Before I got pregnant with Mr. Z I was getting sick at least once a month for several months in a row. With the flu or a cold. Just various things. I ended up getting an immune booster type shot from my doctor and I was better for a while. Then I got pregnant. And I had a really difficult pregnancy. I was sick or in pain pretty much the whole nine months. Since having him I've had several different things going on. This is all on top of a GI Track disorder I have been struggling with my whole life. Anyway the point is I have not been in tip top shape and it is frustrating. Honestly I can't really say I've been taking care of myself all that well though. My diet is a little crazy. I haven't really been exercising. I stay up way later than I should. So after last week I'm making a commitment to myself (and to my family) to take better care of myself. Starting with my diet. I've been really putting forth a lot of effort to make better choices. One big problem is I'm not getting in enough fruits and veggies. So I decided that for the entire month of September I'm eating a salad everyday for lunch or dinner. So I'll be back to posting everyday. I feel like the best way to be accountable is to document it publicly. Everyday I will be posting my salad of choice. I think this is the easiest way for me to add in more veggies.

Today's salad pretty much consisted of everything in my fridge green leaf & lolla rossa salad mix, avocado, green bell pepper, corn, black beans, carrots and topped off with hatch chili salsa in lieu of dressing. It was hearty and delicious!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: