9.12.2011

September Salads: Days 10, 11 & 12




Day 10: Half Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad (soooo good).

Day 11: Mediterranean Salad with arugala, turkey, olives & hummus.

Day 12: What I call the ultra basic. Romaine, tomato, celery, cucumber with poppy seed dressing.

Today's salad may seem totally boring but it taught me a lesson. A salad doesn't need a lot of fancy toppings to be tasty, delicious & filling. My Mother served a similar salad every single night at dinner growing up. It's basic. It's great. No need to fuss every day.

When I started out the month I was sure these posts would be skipped over and ignored. It was just a way for me to be accountable for a goal. I'm really surprised by how many people have come and talked to me about "my salads". I'm surprised that a couple people have even joined me. I'm so grateful for the encouragement. Under normal circumstances I would have given up by now. Blogging about this has really kept me on track. It's kinda awesome.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: