9.09.2011

September Salad: Day 8 & 9

Days 8 & 9: Chinese Chicken Salad Ala Denny Leclerc

Or a more appropriate title would be "The Salad I've Been Waiting Three Years For". Yes three years. Many of you may know my husband works for the family business. An asian stir fry restaurant called Fire Wok. It's great! I love it! I think the food is pretty yummy, but I am pretty biased. The menu is wide and varies a lot. I'll be honest though one area I always thought was lacking was the salads. They offer two and I don't really like either of them. Hate to say it but it's true. One of the salads is made up of ice berg lettuce, spicy dressing and friend chicken. It has no nutritional value what so ever. So bad for you. It's pretty bad when you can get a better asian chicken salad at McDonald's. So I've been pestering him for years about adding another option to the menu. Finally the man delivered. This salad was just what I was hoping for. It's so good I ate it two days in a row. I won't tell you what's in it. I can't give away the recipe. It's not on the menu yet. Hopefully soon. If you want you could go to Fire Wok's Facebook Page, like them, and then leave a comment requesting they add this salad to the menu. I need your help friends! Let's make it happen!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: