9.23.2011

September Salads: Week in Review




There are a few reasons I haven't posted at all this week. The number on reason though is I'm a little bored with salads. And although I've been really busy I feel like there hasn't been anything else going on that is particularly blog worthy.

The second reason is I'm documenting everything I eat in an iPhone app called My Fitness Pal. Which has been amazing! However documenting there and here just sounded too repetitive for me. So I thought I would do a weekly wrap up instead. So here I go.

Day 17: Half Cosi Signature Salad with light dressing and half the cheese.
Day 18: *Sigh* FAIL.
Day 19: Subway Turkey Breast Salad with Sweet Onion Sauce.
Day 20: Green leaf lettuce, strawberries, sugared almonds, feta cheese & poppy seed dressing AND Denny's Chinese chicken salad for dinner. 
Day 21: Green leaf lettuce, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, balsamic vinaigrette.
Day 22: Green leaf lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn, croutons & poppy seed dressing.
Day 23: Green leaf lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn, croutons, shredded jalapeno cheddar cheese & balsamic vinaigrette.

As you can see I missed a day last Sunday. Instead of getting bent out of shape and down on myself for not accomplishing my goal I made up for it on Tuesday with TWO salads! Really I was planning a great salad for Sunday night but I had a latter lunch that was rather big. So come time for dinner I wasn't that hungry. I had some yogurt & fruit instead (should I count that as a fruit salad?). The last few days haven't been all that creative but it still works. 

Also you may have noticed I took Friday's post about the fried egg salad down. I had a few people tell me that the picture sort of resembled a certain female reproductive organ. The more I looked at it the more I saw it. So down it came. I'm only a tiny bit embarrassed. No biggie.

So there you have. My September Salads week in review. Next week is the last week!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: