1.20.2011

A Bag Full of Vintage Goodies


A couple of Thanksgivings ago I was in Utah at my parents house with all of my sisters. My amazing Granny had passed away a couple of months before and we had the privilege to go through all her old sewing boxes. She was an incredible seamstress. There were boxes and boxes of fabric, ribbons, notions, anything you could imagine. Some of it was fabulous, some of it was straight out of the 80's (and not in a good way). It was fun. So the other day when I was going through my craft boxes I found my plastic baggie stuffed full of vintage rick rack, seam binding, bias tape, ribbon, appliques and much much more. How had
I not gotten crafty with this yet?!!!? I was especially drawn to the lace seam binding. Honestly it is way too pretty to be used on the inside of a garment. This stuff needs to be seen. So I started thinking of ways I could use it. I've been thinking a lot about Miss. S and her hair lately. So with the inspiration in my little plastic baggie and this tutorial I came up with these.
And can I say I'm in love with them. I plan on making several more over the next couple of days. You might even be able to win a few if you check back tomorrow. I've been itching to do a giveaway!
She makes me laugh. Sometimes her facial expressions are just so funny! Needless to say she loves her new bows!

No comments: