3.16.2011

$7 Walmart Slipper Makeover

I've been thinking about the things I want to take to the hospital when we go have this baby. A robe, Comfy jammies and slippers were at the top of my list. The only slippers I had were these big fluffy purple things that are great for winter and cold temperatures, but I'm not going to lie they are kinda funny looking. So the other day I picked up a the most basic plain black pair of dearfoam slippers at Walmart for $7. The key word in the last sentence was plain. They needed some sprucing up. This morning I used the fabric pom pom tutorial from my Spring Craft Round Up (tutorial found here), made a couple of adjustments and this is what I came up with.
I love them!!! They are super easy too. Maybe a little time consuming to cut out all the pieces, but once that is done they were really a breeze to make. Instead of using circles I used a simple five petal flower silhouette. Other than that I used the tutorial pretty closely. I would have preferred to put them on shoe clips but I couldn't find them at my local craft stores and I didn't feel like waiting for them to come in the mail. There are plenty of Etsy shops that sell them. So I just removed the bow that was already on the slippers and then sewed them directly to the slipper. Couldn't you just imagine these on a cute pair of black pumps though. Maybe I'll do some shoe clips later on. In the meantime these are making me happy.
P.S. Excuse my feet. They are misshapen and swollen and dry. Not the most attractive feet to look at.

No comments: