3.11.2011

A Great New (to me) Tool

Example of a pin.

Nap time is my time. I'm so lucky that my 3 year old still takes a really long nap every afternoon. It's wonderful to have that time to clean, do projects, nap myself, blog and of coarse just surf the internet. I find so much inspiration through other peoples blogs, Etsy, Flicker ect. When I find something really great and I want to remember it I used to email the link to myself. So I wouldn't forget it or I wouldn't forget where I found it. It wasn't exactly a pain, but I wouldn't say it was the most effective method of remembering things. In comes Pinterest. For some of you this is old news. I've seen it on a lot of other peoples blogs so I know that I might be repeating information you may already have. However I just recently got my account and started pinning and I really had to share my thoughts. If you haven't heard of Pinterest and have no idea what I'm talking about this is what it's all about. I'm always a little leery of new social networking sites. I've tried several and I don't see the need to join too many different sites. So even though I was definitely curious about Pinterest I wasn't sure if I needed to join anymore sites. I mean I keep up two blogs (a private family blog & this one), I do Facebook, Flickr and I have a Good Reads account. Isn't this enough? I have to say Pinterest exceeded my expectations. It is such a great tool. It is a website where you can keep all those things you find on the internet that you don't want to forget. All in one organized place. You can create different "boards" or collections, brows through other people pins and get stuck looking at beautiful things for hours. When you pin something it automatically saves the link to it. So you never forget where you found something or who to give credit to. So handy. No matter what you are interested in I'm pretty sure you can find this useful. To sign up you have to request an invite. It may take a little while for them to get back to you, but it's worth the wait. It's a relatively new site so they are always updating things and trying to make it better. I have found it so useful and I've only been on a week! If you want to check out my boards you can click here. Sometimes I may post about something I've pinned. So I'm sorry if I repeat myself. I hope that you find this as useful as I do. Happy pinning everybody!

Example of a Pin Board

No comments: