2.22.2011

An Experiment

Today I'm experimenting with Rit Dye. I've only dyed fabric once before. For Miss. S's Halloween costume this past year. I have to admit it wasn't the best attempt. It worked because it was for the t-shirt she wore under her cute pumpkin costume. So the flaws were all well hidden. However I was disappointed with the attempt and I really wanted to give it another go. Since I have this little guy coming into my life shortly I thought I would try it out again with some baby onesies. There are so many fun things you can do if you know how to properly dye fabric. Beyond tie dying (because I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon). So I really want to learn how to do it. So that is what I'm figuring out today. I'll be back tomorrow with the results. Hopefully it's better than last time.
Attempt Number 1. The pumpkin Halloween costume. I dyed a hanes white cotton t-shirt we already had orange with the powder Rit Dye. As you can see only the arms are visible. The body however was a little splotchy. I could tell that not all the powder dissolved. So I know to be more careful this time around.

No comments: