2.28.2011

Luck of the Irish

I have been eyeing this banner since before Christmas. I would love to have it hanging in my house. I found it on Bekah Jennings Etsy shop. She has beautiful banners for every occasion!

St. Patrick's Day is fast approaching. To be honest I haven't really done anything special for this holiday for my family ever. I don't know why. It's a really fun holiday. I can't really remember if and what my Mom used to do for us as kids (sorry Mom). I know she did something. I just can't remember. This year I'm thinking I might do something small like dye our milk green, but I'm to busy thinking about our impending arrival of a little boy to make any big plans. I have however already taught Miss. S about clovers and how the four leaf ones are lucky. We have a lot of clover growing outside our house right now. The first time she saw it she said "Hey someone made the grass look like flowers." It was really cute. Now every time we walk outside she has to run through the clover. She loves it. I think it's a fun holiday and I do plan to make some family traditions for it. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't happen this year.

1 comment:

Aubrey Jane said...

Mom made us green eggs and ham for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day. Sometimes I make it, but most of the time I don't. Robert doesn't like him eggs green. But Noah came home from school today and said he had green eggs and ham at school and he liked it. I asked him what kind of eggs they were and he said they were the fluffy ones. I'm guessing scrambled. I guess I might have to make it this year since my picky eater will eat green eggs and ham. Crazy!