2.17.2011

Feeling HUGE & A book Review

As I mentioned in a post earlier this week I only have 6 more weeks left of being pregnant. Actually according to my doctor it's probably less than that. This is exciting yet at the same time I'm freaked out. I had high hopes for this week. I really wanted to make some onesies for this boy and do a couple other things. However I have been truly uncomfortable. Not sleeping well, achy all over, feeling enormous. Just plain uncomfortable and frankly it has held me back a little from getting some things accomplished. I keep thinking that physically I am so ready for this baby to be out, mentally though... not so much. I'm not quite prepared yet. But physically YES! I'm ready to sleep on my back again, and not have weird muscle pains. Right now if I could just manage a comfortable good nights sleep that would make a world of difference. I'm not really looking for sympathy. Every pregnant woman goes through this. I guess I'm just telling you this because I feel bad that the quality of posts this week have been... well... weak. I'll get back on the ball. I promise. Just bare with me. Hopefully this weekend will revive me.
So what does one do when they are exhausted and uncomfortable. Open up a book. I picked up Flipped from Half Price Books the other day. I had heard good things about it from a couple people, and since it was only a few dollars I thought it would be a good way to spend my time this week. It really was a cute book. First off it's 212 pages and written for preteens. So it was a really easy read. It had a really good message too. Always look at people from the inside out. Don't judge someone from what you see on the surface. It was fun to see these characters learn that in the course of the story, and to see them change. The earlier kids learn that the better. I just felt like the story cut off a little short. I would have loved to read more about their friendship after the last page. I felt like it left me a little up in the air. Overall though really cute and really easy! I would definitely recommend this to any middle school age kid.

No comments: